See all our news on IP Video System Design Tool Facebook page.
- Bug fixes.
Version 9.0 build 1520 (updated on 30th of January 2017, download link)
- Bug fixes. PDF report generation.
Version 9.0 build 1490 (updated on 22 of December 2016)
- New project file format .jvsgz contains the project in XML format, background images and user 3D models in the single compressed (ZIP) file.
- Improved compatibility with Windows 10: improved ZoomIn/Zoom Out function with the mouse wheel.
- New camera models have been supported. Now the database of camera models contains more than 2400 cameras.
- New visual effect: black/white camera (Pro).
- New visual effect: fog emulation (Pro).
- New visual effect: night and noise (Pro).
- The program supports additional PDF import DPI resolutions: 200 DPI, 150 DPI.
- Added “Sort by ID” function to arrange cameras by their ID: 1, 1.1,1.2, 2, 3.1, 3.2, 10, 11.
- It is possible to set the Level (elevation) for software generated trees.
- Toolbar and button icon’s size have been increased from 16х16 to 24х24 pixels to support high resolution and retina displays.
- The user interface of bandwidth and storage space calculation has been improved.
- Updated AXIS, Dallmeier, IDIS, Vivotek, VisualInt camera models. Added new cameras from UNV, Convision, OnCam and Mobotix.
- New feature: automatic camera model database updates.
New video tutorials have been published:
- Part 1: Camera installation drawing, camera parameters, field of view, pixel density.
- Part 2: Identification, recognition, detection and monitoring zones.
- Part 3: Site plan. Finding optimal CCTV camera locations.
Test version 9.0 (22 Nov 2016)
- Mouse Double click opens Properties window for stairs, fences, tilted surfaces.
- Supported Collada 1.5 format for user 3D models.
- IDIS, VIVOTEK and Panasonic 4K camera models have been updated.
Version 8.1 build 1332 (16th of March)
- Supported H.265 compression codec on bandwidth and storage space estimations tab.
- Japanese localization has been updated.
Version 8.1 build 1314 (Sunday 14 February 2016)
- EXE file digital signatures updated
- IDIS cameras added.
- Spanish localization has been updated.
- Bug fixes: loading background images from PDF files
Version 8.1 build 1288 (30 December 2015)
- Projects loading speed has been increased.
- Supported new camera models from Panasonic, Pelco.
- Updated Dallmeier cameras.
- You can import AutoCAD DXF files in both Vector and Picture format.
- Added EN50132-7 test chart.
Version 8.1 build 1271 (17 December 2015)
- PDF report optimizations.
- Improved support of Fish-eye cameras. You can switch between Ceiling/Wall mounted mode by choosing 360/180 degrees (Horizontal Angle field).
- Some bug fixes.
Version 8.1 build 1218 (01 October 2015)
- PDF reports improvements. The program adds test person faces into PDF reports.
- Added CTRL+W hotkey to quickly add a wall.
- VIVOTEK camera models were updated.
- Mouse-wheel Zoom In / Zoom Out speed settings have been added to Menu/Settings/Program Preferences/Site Plan tab.
- Program Preferences settings have been simplified. You can use CTRL+F10 to see the old version of Program Preferences window.
Version 8.1 build 1180 (13 July 2015)
- The graphical core of the program has been rewritten and optimized for OpenGL 4.0 drivers. The graphical program performance is significantly improved (3-20 times) on Nvidia cards (including NVidia NVS4200) and Intel HD Graphics cards.
- The user can change colors of doors.
- It is possible to change colors of furniture.
- You can drag-and-drop .jvsg project file to the program to open the project
- Corrected the zone displaying for Dallmeier Panomera(R) cameras.
- Improved the algorithm of displaying Identification, Recognition, Observation, Detection, Monitoring zones.
- Internal localization mechanism has been updated to fix possible problems with Korean, Thai, Chinese and Russain fonts on some computers.
- Fixed “XML loading” error on some Korean, Chinese, Japanese versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Fixed an erroneous message “Beta period is over”.
- Fixed tree sizes in Imperial mode.
16 June 2015. We have presented IP Video System Design Tool version 8.1 at IFSEC trade show 2015 in London.
Version 8.0 release 1 build 1129 (27 May 2015)
- Fixed “Beta period is over” message.
- Added camera database filters. The user can search cameras by minimal resolution, sensor size, manufacturer and camera type.
- The database of cameras contains popular camera models from AXIS, ACTI, Bosch, Dahua, Dallmeier, Hikvision, JVC, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Vivotek.
- Improved camera database import function. The user can import camera database files (For example some cameras from Mobotix, Advidia, Visualint, 180 and 360 degrees Arecont Vision cameras (test version).
- Supported Korean and Ukrainian languages.
Version 8 build 1102 has been published (March 2015):
- Built-in database of camera models. The user can add new camera models to the database. The list of camera models can be updated online (the user should click “Synchronize” button on “Check” updates window). The user can export/import camera models from the database.
- Support of PTZ cameras.
- Support of multi-sensor cameras from Dallmeier Electronic including multi-focal sensor systems Panomera®. The multifocal sensor system Panomera® stands out due to it’s completely new lens and sensor concept: the resolution never falls below the specified parameters, not even in the most distant areas of the image.
- Support of curved walls: brick curved walls and painted curved walls.
- The program shows a test man face at the specified distance using calculated pixel density.
- Identification, Recognition, Observation, Detection and Monitoring zones can be shown on 3D view and 3D preview windows.
- Improved “walls cut zones” function.
- Improved walls connections on Site Plan (better wall endings).
- Added 9 test faces A1 – C3 similar to EN50132-7 9 test faces.
- ViDi Labs SD/HD Test Chart (To use with “Real camera resolution” option in Full-Screen mode). You can order a paper version of this test chart from us.
- 3D models of office furniture (tables, cabinets, chairs) have been added.
- 3D models of money and playing card have been added.
- German help file and Thai localization has been added. Spanish, German, Portuguese, Greek, Czech, Bulgarian and Russian localizations have been updated.
- Support of Swedish language and Swedish help file.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
Test Version 7.2 Build 993 is available for download (06 August 2014, ZIP, 46 MB).
- Added DVR View for Pro versions.
- Added detailed camera pages for print/export (with installation place and reference map)
- Site plan print modes: extents, screen, selected objects (File/Print/Export Data tab/Add Site or Floor Plan)
- Improved “Walls limit camera zone” function
Version 7.2 Build 979 is available for download (27th of June 2014, ZIP, 45 MB).
- It is possible to move camera or FOV heigh, FOV distance on Installation Camera Drawing tab with the mouse.
- Tilted surfaces (Pro versions) .
- Bug fixes.
Version 7.2 Build 963 is available for download (4th of June 2014, ZIP, 41 MB).
- Now it is possible to show/hide identification, recognition, detection and monitoring zones on 3D Views. To activate, please right click 3D View, and choose “Show/Hide Zones” or “Show/Hide 3D Zones” from the context menu.
Version 7.2 build 939 is available for download (16th of April 2014).
- Walls, boxes, and cylinders limit camera zones (Pro version).
To increase the program performance for really large projects you can switch off this function using Settings/Program Preferences/Site Plan/Wall Cut Zones.
- You can add a “legend box” with the current PPM/PPF settings on your site plan (Add Box/Zone legend)
- Fixed “Lock” function for vector AutoCAD drawings
Version 7.2 build 933 is available for download (7th of April 2014).
- Supported DWG files of AutoCAD 2013, 2014, 2015 (Pro version).
- Fixed PDF import.
Version 7.2 build 927 is available for download (1st of April 2014).
- Added a possibility to add pictures, photos or signs (Add Wall/Picture).
- Small bug fixes.
Version 7.2 build 922 is available for download (20th of March 2014).
- Added fences (Site Plan/Add Wall/Fence).
- Added stairs (Site Plan/Add box/Stairs).
Version 7.2 build 913 is available (7th of March 2014)
- Implemented AutoCAD drawings import in vector format, so it is possible to import large DWG drawings in high resolution.
- Added Text labels (Site Plan/Add box/Text).
- Supported .png background images.
- Added “Publish to Cloud” feature to quickly share drawings and 3D views with customers or colleagues.
- Supported a possibility to add a custom logo to the title page (File/Print, File/Save As/PDF).
- Supported 11×17″ Ledger paper size apart from A4, A3, B5, Legal, Executive paper sizes
- Added Rotate command to flip doors (Right mouse click / Rotate).
- Fixed export function error when some parts of the site plan were missing.
- Site plan rendering speed has been increased (especially on AMD Radeon graphics cards).
Version 7.1. build 888 is published (5th of March 2014, download 7.1)
- This is a recommended version for computers with old OpenGL drivers versions.
- Fixed export function error when some parts of the site plan were missing.
Version 7.1. build 887 is published (25th of February 2014)
- Updated PPM(Pixels per meter) values for EN50132-7 Camera Zone Visualization method.
- Updated Print Dialog to support Windows “Large Fonts” mode.
Version 7.1. build 877 is published (17th of October 2013)
- Direct Print function (menu File/Print) . You can choose what to print (title page, site plan, list of cameras, images from cameras, bandwidth and storage calculatitions), paper size (A4,A3, Letter, Legal, Executive), Landscape/Portrait mode. There is a Print Preview window.
- Improved project export to PDF with Landscape mode.
Version 7.1, build 870 is published (19th of August 2013)
- Added “H-PPF: Pixels per foot (horizontal) px/ft” visualization mode.
- Fixed PPM (pixels per meter) based visualizations in Imperial (ft) mode (from v 220.127.116.118).
- Updated PPF/PPM calculation formulas.
Version 7.1, build 845 is published (12 July 2013)
- Project export to PDF (File/Save As…/*.pdf). (build 845).
- Import of site plan drawings from PDF files. (build 820).
- Fixed DWG/DXF site plan scale when re-loading *.jvsg project files.
- High-resolution site plan export is supported. Use SitePlan+Right Mouse click/Save Picture to File/400% or File/Save As/JPEG Image to save your drawing as high-resolution JPEG image. (introduced in build 809)
Version 18.104.22.1688 is published (1 June 2013)
- Pixels per Meter values (horizontal & vertical) are shown in the status bar in “EN 50 132-7″ and “Pixel per Meter Horizontal” visualization modes. For example 57 x 43 pix/m means 57 pixels per meter (horizontally) and 43 pixels per meter (vertically).
- Adjusted the horizontal Pixels per meter calculation.
Version 22.214.171.1247 is published (22 Jan 2013)
- Program cleans its temporary files, which prevents some errors with background loading.
- Automatic new version check has been added.
Version 126.96.36.1995 is published. (24 Dec 2012)
- By default Pixel per foot / pixel per meter visualization mode is set (depends on imperial/metric settings).
Version 188.8.131.520 is published. (02 Dec 2012)
- The program can detect old incompatible Intel Graphics OpenGL drivers.
Version 184.108.40.2067 is published. (16 Nov 2012)
18 New Functions in Version 7:
1. Realistic test objects.
2. Ease of adding doors and windows.
3. Entire new range of test objects such as VW Golf, SUV, van, bus, Rotakin and a lady with SKL table.
4. Import of large site plan or floor plan images (up to 10000×5000 pixels) from JPEG or BMP files.
5. Copy & Paste functions using hotkeys: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V.
6. Group Operations: group selection, move, copying, and deletion.
7. Undo buffer and undo command: Ctrl-Z.
8. New camera zone visualization: face width in pixels, pixels per meter (horizontal), EN50-132-7.
9. Interactive test person photo added into Camera Zone Visualization window, to see how lower resolutions distort the image.
10. In addition to Monitoring, Detection, Recognition and Identification zones you can adjust “Observation” and “Strong Identification” zones.
11. New camera list columns: “Dead Zone Width” and “Dead Zone” (distance from the camera to the end of the dead zone).
12. Support of new camera sensor sizes (1.25”, 1.8”, 35mm) and aspect ratios: 16:10, 3:2, 1:1 in addition to 4:3, 16:9.
13. Support of “corridor mode” cameras with aspect ratios 3:4, 9:16
14. Option to enter wall length, box sizes, window or door width manually. For example, just select an object and start typing: “10 x 20 ENTER” to specify box size 10 x 20.
15. Site plan scrolling: in addition to middle mouse button, now you can press Alt + Left Mouse Button (Click & Drag) or Alt+arrow keys to scroll the site plan.
16. Import of 2D AutoCAD drawings (*.DWG, *.DXF). In the current version, the software converts AutoCAD DWG/DXF files into Bitmaps. Some drawing size limitations apply*.
17. Possibility to import user 3D Models in Collada (*.dae) format. For example from Google Sketchup 3D Warehouse.
18. Support of JPEG2000 compression in network bandwidth and storage space calculations.
This version is compatible with Windows 8 64 or 32 bits, Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP SP2, Windows 2003 SP2. The previous version 6 is not fully compatible with Windows 8.
This version requires license keys for version 7. License keys from version 6 don’t work in version 7. In case if you purchased version 6 before 1st November 2011, please purchase an upgrade with substantial discount.
In case if you purchased version 6 after 1st of November, please get your license key for version 7 here.
Beta version 220.127.116.115 for Windows XP-Windows 7 (August 2012)
- Implemented a fix for Microsoft GDI OpenGL driver.
- Fixed Beta version error with test person in imperial mode.
- Fixed error with project loading (earlier the camera resolution switched back to 640×480)
- Implemented a fix for Intel HD3000 OpenGL driver. (ver 18.104.22.1680)
- Added Full Screen Mode (F11) for 3D View and Site Plan tabs.
- Modified angle calculations for additional aspect ratios.
- Fixed 3D Models import from .DAE files for specific models.
- Faster loading of background image files.
- Fixed error that came up when drawings or background file names included non-Latin characters.
Version 22.214.171.1247 for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 (May 2012, download)
- Chinese language support has been added. Now IP Video System Design Tool supports 17 languages in total including Portuguese, Chinese, Czech, German, Dutch, Spanish, French, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japan, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, and English.
- Added Glass Wall object.
- Improved security with the software digitally signed with updated code signing certificates from Verisign.
Beta version 126.96.36.1990 (February 2012)
Version 188.8.131.520 (March 2011)
- Fixed some compatibility issues
- Added additional site plan and OpenGL options (Alt-F10)
- Added new test object: cylinder
- Camera names are displayed on the site plan.
- Lengths of walls and size of box objects are shown on the Site Plan during wall or box drawing/resizing.
- Updated main program and project file icons.
- Added advanced program preferences window (Alt-F10).
- Added Czech and Polish localizations.
- Possibility to set new Zero coordinate (0,0) on the Site Plan (Right mouse click on Site Plan).
- An ability to rotate or move the camera in 3D preview/3D view window using left and middle mouse buttons.
- Ability to move camera target on Site plan using red endpoint. Yellow endpoints help to modify the angle of view.
- Auto-detection of the measurement system (US units or Metric based on Windows Regional settings) and preferred language.
- Box rotation (Like in Microsoft Visio).
- Arrow keys to adjust positions and size of walls, boxes, and other test objects (Hold “Ctrl” key to resize).
- Added AutoRecovery function.
- Site plan and 3D views grids are updated (every 10th line has been made brighter).
- Improved “Add wall” function. The software helps to draw straight walls (angle=0, 90, 180, 270 degrees).
- To move walls, boxes, men, cars on the site plan you can use arrow keys.
- Added commands for “zoom-in” and “zoom out” the site plan using Ctrl+Shift+MouseClick.
- Supported a Visio-style for drawing a wall or a box (Click + drag).
- Added Site Plan zooming and scrolling functions.
- The site plan is scrolled automatically when the user selects a remotely located camera.
- Background loading to import site plan or floor plan blueprints in JPEG and BMP formats.
- New types of walls: painted walls, thin walls, thick walls
- Pixel per meter visualization
- New test object: Car
- Number plate region selection (US, EU, AU)
- Wall length is shown while drawing in the status bar
- “Save Ctrl-S” menu item in addition to “Save As…”
- Pixel per ft calculation.
- Large 3D view.
- Option to show/hide the camera zone on the Site Plan.
Please see IP Video Design Tool help/Release notes section for details.
Early versions functions:
- Supported several PAL and NTSC resolutions, including 704×288, 1280×960, 1280×1024 and 2600×1950 as well as Full HD, 4 MP.
- Added “Bitrate, (kbit/s)” field for MPEG4/H.264 bandwidth estimation, now you can specify your CBR (Constant BitRate) limitation for each camera type.
- Implemented an algorithm for MPEG4 bandwidth and storage space estimation, based on JVSG’s MPEG4 research.
- Implemented H.264 estimation.
- Added new options for bandwidth calculation: “Image Complexity” and “Motion %” in Expert Mode (Menu/Settings/Expert Mode).
- 2D Site Plan / Floor plan has been added.
- On “Site plan” you can add a camera at the current position using a popup menu (right mouse click to show).
- Supported 1/2.5, 1/1.8, 1.25, 1/3.6-inch sensor formats.
- You can put multiple cameras on the site plan and make a visual modeling of the covered zones.
- You can add walls, test persons, and 3d box objects on the site plan.
- Added a visualization of a camera Monitoring (5%), Detection (10%), Recognition (50%), Identification (120%) zones.
- Added a new View from Camera (3D Modeling).
- Added Save Picture to File command in the popup menu.
- Added test objects: (1st person at specified distance, 2nd – at nearest visible distance, 3rd – user placed man).
- Added choice of camera format – 4:3 or 16:9.
- Lens and FOV parameters grouped in Camera, Viewing angles, Field of View groups.
- Added a possibility to modify the Focal Length and immediately calculate the new field of view.
- Added new buttons for fast modification of the Focal Length and FOV Width.
- Added bug reporting system.
- Added the internal localization tool (Menu/Settings/Language/Localization Tool).
- Results of bandwidth calculations were tested with several AXIS, Panasonic network cameras and compared with data from AXIS corporation.