CAD (Computer Aided Design) and CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) software is used widely in all areas of engineering. IP Video System Design Tool is an easy, intuitive and versatile CAD program for CCTV and IP Video surveillance system design.
Our CAD program offers 2D and 3D modeling of video surveillance systems and helps the designer to find optimal places for security cameras on the site plan, check coverage of all cameras, choose proper camera lens, and get estimations of required hard drive storage space and network bandwidth for IP cameras. The user can draw or import a site/floor plan in BMP/JPEG format and then place test 3D objects like cars or men and obstacles like walls and buildings to visualize what the security system operator will see on his/her CCTV monitors.
Our CAD for CCTV lets the user:
- Switch between two-dimensional (2D) site plan or floor plan and three-dimensional (3D) views.
- Change any parameter of a security camera: When one parameter changes, related parameters are automatically recalculated.
- Zoom in / Zoom out the site plan with mouse wheel for close-up and distant views.
- Rotate cameras, change camera height to view them from different perspectives.
- See the result in a small 3D preview window and in a large 3D view window (3D view tab).
- Get estimations of required HDD storage space for different compression and recording options.
- Export two-dimensional (2D ) camera layout, 3D mockups and tables to other software to prepare video surveillance project documentation.
We developed our software to be as easy to use as other popular software packages used by security systems engineers like MS Visio or AutoCAD.
No special PC hardware is required for JVSG computer aided design software. However, in case if you plan to import large site plan/floor plan images or work with large CCTV layouts it is recommended to use a modern graphics card from ATI or NVidia with more than 256 MB or RAM.
Please feel free to download a 45 days trial version and check out the user comments at this link . In addition there is a special offer for bloggers to receive a license key for this CCTV software for free.
As an alternative for simple calculations you can use our free lens calculator.